Any idea how far in advance can I book award flights from Perth to Greece using Qantas Frequent Flyer?

Hello fellow point hackers,

Looking to head over to Greece July 2017. When do flights come out booking that far in advance? I’ve had a look and can see flights for June so assume can’t be far off. Also would it be possible to use points to fly all the way? I’ve seen reward savers Dubai return @ 70k plus taxes.

Thanks in advance.

It would help if you told us which program you were a member of. Of course you can use points all the way… provided you have enough points

Apologies - QFF program.

Just looking at a rough idea of when flights are normally released.

Many thanks.

Hi Jrad90,

Qantas specific flights open 353 days in advance.  Some sources says they opens at 10am. As of today it should open till 1/7/2017 (give or take 1 day -> I didn’t check to confirm). An easy way to check this for any airlines is to have a look as if you are booking a normal flight. What is the furthest date it allow you to select? You would notice a pattern if you check again the next day-> whether it opens one day at a time.

If you are flexible on flying non-Qantas One World airlines, you would have to check which other airlines partner fly to Greece and then check how many days in advance they open their flights. A quick check finds at least Qatar, BA, Emirates fly to Greece.

If you are hunting for premium (or any) award seats, it pays to check everyday as it gets closer to when the date in mind is open for booking.

Happy hunting. I had a hectic time myself in April this year.

Thanks for the response w-hiew. Very informative.

Do you think it would be wise to book a return flight to Dubai and sort out the the other legs Dubai - Greece at a later date? First time using my points so not sure if it would work out best to book the whole leg at once (if possible) or have to book leg by leg.

Thanks again,

Jarrad