Any advice on which airline to fly with to maximise points earn for London to Sydney Business class flight?

Hi,
I have about 18k bronze status with KrisFlyer, silver with Qatar and minimal points with Qantas. I’m planning a business class trip from London to Sydney and then relocating to London where I’ll be flying internationally to Europe/ Asia and South America. Can anyone suggest which airline I should fly with? I could fly Singapore Airlines / Qatar and beef up my current miles. But are the privileges transferable to British Airways who I’ll probably be flying with in the future?i was thinking of flying Qantas owing to good departure times but I don’t think I can accrue loyalty points with my Qatar loyalty scheme. Any advice would be appreciated…

Hi,

You could fly with any Oneworld airline and nominate either your QF or QR frequent flyer account as the beneficiary of your earnings from your LON-SYD flight.

However, as you’ll be based from LON and travelling frequently from there in the future, I’d be inclined to set up a BA Exec Club account before your LON-SYD flight, and crediting the earnings to that account. You’ll get 240 tier points each way in Business (BA flight), and only need 600 to hit Silver which I would imagine you’d do easily. I’m unsure of the earn rate on Partner airlines but don’t imagine you’ll do too badly out of it.

Cheers.

Hi,

Singapore Airlines is a member of Star Alliance.

Qatar, British Airways and Qantas are members of oneworld alliance.

For any particular flight, you can credit the flight to an alliance member or partner airline. E.g. you fly on an actual Qantas aircraft, you can credit to Qatar or BA.

If they are not related in anyway, you can’t credit the flights to them or have reciprocal status recognition. E.g. if you are Qantas Platinum, you will have oneworld Emerald status, which is a similar status given by BA Gold.